As we continue through this difficult time during COVID-19, Dundas County Players has had to make some tough decisions with regards to the 2020 productions.
- Our Spring production of On Golden Pond that was to occur during the last 2 weekends of April will be postponed. We are currently looking at a few potential dates, so please stay tuned.
UPDATE: Current target dates for On Golden Pond are from Wednesday June 17 to Sunday June 21.
- Our Summer production of 2-Across has been cancelled. We are looking at potentially putting it on again at a later date, but no decision has been made yet. Again, please stay tuned.
- We have tentatively booked the Auditions for Sherwood for May 2 & 3. However, based on how the COVID-19 situation develops, this will be reassessed as required.
This time isn’t easy for any of us. We will be making all of our decisions with the health and safety of our cast, crew, and audience members in mind, as well as following the directives of the relevant government authorities.
Stay safe and healthy!
Marie-Therese Robinson, President
AUDITIONS for the Fall Play: Sherwood, by Ken Ludwig
You want to be part of this action packed comedy?
Auditions are at the Old Town Hall Theatre
478 Main St E., Winchester, On.
– CHANGED TO SATURDAY, MAY 2ND AT 11AM
– Call backs CHANGED TO SUNDAY, MAY 3RD AT 3:30PM
Sides will be available on-site to review prior to your cold reading.
Expect to be at the audition for 2 hours.
Please arrive by 7 pm
Performances will be the evenings of November 20, 21, & November 27, 28 with matinees on Sunday November 22nd and 29th.
This play has 38 characters so there are small speaking roles and extra roles galore!!!! Given the few number of roles and the disproportionate number of men who audition to women who audition, women will be cast in men’s roles.
This will be a very physical show with sword fights and other shenanigans.
Robin Hood ( age 18-25) -Male
Maid Marian (age 18-25)-Female
Friar Tuck (age 30 and older)-Male
Little John (age 18-30) –Male
Deorwynn (age 15-20)-Female
Sir Guy of Gisbourne (age 25 and older)-Male
Sheriff of Nottingham-( 25 and Older)-Male
Prince John ( 30 -45 approx.)-Male
And 30 smaller roles!!!!!
Tony Glen will be directing the classic play: “On Golden Pond” by Ernest Thompson, a heartwarming comedy-drama made famous by the now classic 1981 film.
Performances will be April 17 – 26, 2020. Friday nights and Saturday nights at 7:30 and Sunday matinées at 2pm.
Tickets will go on sale about 1 month before opening night.
Amanda Burger will be directing Sherwood: The Adventures of Robin Hood, by Ken Ludwig
A greedy prince has taken control of England, and it is up to dashing outlaw Robin Hood to save the day. Join up and take aim with Robin and his band of Merry Men—and women!— as they champion the underdog and fight for justice. Laughs, romance, and plenty of arrows fly in this all-out comic adventure.